#22 ELLY SIENKIEWICZ - THREE DAY CLASS FEB 8-10 THUR-SAT 9AM-12PM 2-5PM
Skill Level: All confident with needleturn
Patterns pictured above are all included in your class fee and will be emailed to you shortly after registration closes. You can choose to do any of these patterns or work on any project of your choice. I’m so pleased to be able to enjoy your company.
BRING TO CLASS:
· To follow techniques in class (& autographing) PLEASE BRING Elly’s Baltimore Elegance, Elly Sienkiewicz’s Beloved Baltimore Album Quilts, Papercuts and Plenty, and/or Romancing Ribbons Into Flowers.) We will have some copies to share if bringing books is a burden.
· When your patterns for all projects pictured above arrive…you’ll know better what fabric to bring!
BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES:
· Scissors -- small scissors (6" ideal), pair for cloth, pair for paper 3- 3.5" embroidery
scissors (for outside points and fine cutting)
· 3”-3.5" embroidery scissors (for outside points and fine cutting)
· 6 small straight pins (Appliqué style); 6 long straight pins
· Glue stick (fresh!)
· Dark and light fabric markers. A favorite is The Sewline Trio®. This mechanical pencil has baked ceramic gray and white leads, & a metal tracer or scorer. Just a twist of the tip brings up your point of choice! No greasy, smeary lead pencil, fine clear line, washable. A quilter’s dream come true.
· Thread -- Fine thread (Mettler 60 wt cotton or YLI 100 wt silk ideal) to match the appliqués or simply bring your preferred thread.
· 6- Strand Floss -- bring colors you might need for embellishment
· Needles -- Milliners needles for appliqué; Crewel or Embroidery needles to carry floss. Elly’s exclusive import Straw Needles # 11 and Ultrasuede needles sold in class.
· Small ruler or tape measure just in case
· Pigma .01 pen in black for embellishment, the cartouche, and inscribing your block. Brown too, if you’d like.
· Clear tape & masking tape just in case
· Freezer paper squares – bring two, the width of the roll’s paper, folded cleanly into quarters, for pattern making.
· (6) sheets of 8 ½”x 11” copy paper for pattern-making experimenting
· Stapler, if convenient
· Tweezer or tweezer-like tool needed if you’ll be making ribbon roses. Speaking of ribbon, but also ultrasuede, there will be some selection in class – and more in the vendor’s mall!
· Roxanne’s glue-baste-it, clear nail polish, personal sewing light, light box, extension cord and baggy for sewing trash.